Whoever Said Life Is Fair?
A Guide to Growing Through Life's Injustices
Anyone who has experienced loss, betrayal, or injustice will find comfort and hope in this wise, moving book. Sharing her professional insights as a family therapist as well as personal lessons learned the hard way; the author shows us how to accept the fact that life isn't fair, regardless of what we may have been taught. Whoever Said Life is Fair? shows us how to rise above tragedy and pain, reach out to the world, and find joy.
Facing the Demons Head On:
The Impact of Burn-Out in the Life of Every Social Worker, and the Necessity of Our Self Care
For information, those interested can call the national headquarters of NASW @ 202-408-8600
SaraKay Smullens, MSW, LCSW, CGP, CFLE, BCD is a certified group psychotherapist and family life educator. She is devoted to highlighting destructive societal forces through communication, advocacy and activism. In her work she illuminates the impact of abuse, not only on individuals, but on the attitudes and behaviors that destroy marriages, families, friendships, work settings, communities and societies. She is known in the U.S. and abroad for her work in recognizing, addressing and healing what she has called "the invisible and lethal epidemic of emotional abuse."
SaraKay is a best-selling author and award-winning writer. Her writing can be found in peer reviewed journals and other professional publications. She also blogs regularly for The Huffington Post, Broad Street Review, and Your Tango.
- Lifetime Achievement Award from the Pennsylvania chapter of NASW
- NASW Media Award
Best Magazine Article
- Woman Leader of Distinction Award The Eastern Region Women's Ministry Pennsylvania Baptist State Convention
- Honored Author, Diamond Jubilee
The Free Library of Phildelphia
- Louise Waterman Wise Award
American Jewish Congress,
- Peace Medal, Women’s International
League for Peace and Freedom
- Academy of Certified Social Workers
- Authors Guild
- Fellow, Pennsylvania Society for Clinical Social Work
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Pennsylvania Chapter, NASW
- National Council on Family Relations (Certified Family Life Educator)
- American Group Psychotherapy Association (AGPA), Certified Group Psychotherapist
- Pennsylvania Chapter, (AGPA)